Thursday, June 21, 2012

DIY Beach Sign

Just because I am not hitting the shore this summer, doesn't mean that I can't be reminded of my families favorite pastime in our home.
And just imagine, if the family changed their mind, we would have this directional sign that I made out of salvaged wood, stenciled letters and leftover  paint, to help lead the way
And I thought that if  I needed help marking the shallow ends of the water, my orange wooden antique water buoys could help
Then there is this old wooden paddle that I can use,with repurposed decorative balls that I painted in beachy colors and sprinkled with sand, to paddle my way out to ride the biggest, most awesome waves
 
And I can even use this candle to see if it is dark before I get back to the shore
But then reality sets in and I realize.....

 that the arrow on my sign points to the backyard and not to the beach!
Click here for a tutorial on how I made the coastal candle holder.


Want Top This Top That delivered directly to your inbox?
It’s easy!  Just enter your e-mail address.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

18 comments:

✿ⒹⒺⒺ✿@ A Lapin Life said...

Hi Laura,

Adorable post. I love it!

Dee

Diane said...

Laura,

I love the blue and orange color palette you chose! Enjoy the beach!

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

What an adorable sign! Cute. I need one for the lake!!!! So what if it points to your back yard...

Amy@BuffaloRoam said...

The words "summery" and "beachy" immediately sprang to mind. It's beautiful!

Kristin @ Simply Klassic Home said...

Great post, Laura. That sign is beautiful and I love all of the beachy touches, especially the buoys!!

Thanks for being a part of our party!

Stacey @flickerwhips said...

I know a certain etsy shop that has a very large, beautiful, green, glass float for sale, that would go mighty nicely with your other beach decor! hint, hint! Seriously though, very nice vignette, if you can't hit the beach, the next best thing is to make your home a little beachy!!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I just love everything about that! It really looks so summery and makes me think of the beach!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Laura...the sign is fantastic and so are you....It has been wonderful meeting you and spending time with you at Haven!!...

ImSoVintage said...

One way or another you are definitely ready for the beach if an impromptu trip pops up :)

Robin said...

Very clever post and your beach items make you feel as if your minutes from the shoreline!

Robin
Robin Flies South

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

So perfect for Summer! Just brings the whole beach inside. Thanks for sharing at this week's BFF Open House.

Art and Sand said...

Whether you make it to the beach or not, your beach decor is wonderful!

The Tablescaper said...

Great punch of orange.

- The Tablescaper

melissa@joyineveryseason said...

love your beachy collection and expecially your beach sign ... i hope your backyard at least has a cool kiddie pool :o)

karen@somewhatquirky said...

great vignette! I love that antique buoy - it's fab that it is orange.

Little Miss Maggie said...

Wonderful vignette. Thanks so much for linking up to our Hot Fun in the Summertime link party. Hope to see you next week.

Air Conditioner Service Palm Beach said...

Thanks for the article. The information about the air conditioners are quite interesting and helpful.

Yukesh Kumar N said...

wow.........

Post a Comment

What's Up!! Thanks for your comment. For those who are not a blogger or on G+, After you type your comment..... click on the drop down box that says "Comment As" and select "Name/URL". There you can enter your full name, or just your first name ... Just put something in there. You can leave the URL box blank. Click continue and then click post comment.