Monday, October 22, 2012

How I faked the Boss Out with dessert!

Seriously. No joke. 
She thinks I was in the kitchen all day baking up a delicious dessert when she came for dinner the other night.
I mean look at this thing. Looks like a culinary piece of art! Gourmet style toffee cheesecake at it's finest, and I whipped it up with just a  few ingredients- but shhh, she won't have to know that!
It started with a plain cheesecake. Next I added some Marzetti Old Fashioned Caramel Dip on top
 then I sprinkled some Heath Toffee Bits on top of the cheesecake and a few on the plate
To make it look like I really knew how to bake something so decadent, I added a dollop of whipped cream to the top. At this point she probably thinks that I made the whipped cream too!


From the look of her plate, I would say it was equal parts perfection and....
maybe even a little job security for my husband!



16 comments:

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

Can never have too much of that these days, right! Looks wonderful! Thanks for stopping by my Cocoa bar the other day too!

Danni Baird @ Silo Hill Farm said...

Yum! Way to take a few steps off of baking and it looks fantastic!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Fake it bake it is my kind of baking.

Eclectically Vintage said...

I'm a fake baker too - too many measurements make me crazy!
Kelly

At The Picket Fence said...

Oh my goodness! So clever and so delicious! "Faking it" at it's finest. ;)

Heather

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Oh you sly thing you...I am definitely trying that one as your banana pudding cheesecake was a hit...so this one has to be too!!!! This is my kind of baking!!! :)

Jessica @ Stay at Home-ista said...

I just ought pre-made pumpkin pie, which I plan to doctor-up for the holidays, I love you toffee chips idea, sounds yummy!

Kelly said...

OMG! That looks divine! I LOVE cheesecake and I would've never known that you didn't make the entire thing. I think that was a great idea! I'm sure it was a memorable dessert.

Anonymous said...

haha! Hope she doesnt read your blog!

ImSoVintage said...

It would have fooled me. Bet it was delicious.

Hugs,
Laura

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

Yum! I think your husband is now up for a big raise and a big bonus!

:)

Linda

Bliss said...

I know who you are, that semi home made lady from tv.

Bliss

grammypink said...

cannt pin this last minute cheesecake wish i could

craftyles said...

Love a good dessert redo! Looks yummy!

Anonymous said...

It looks so good. I love the plate too. Can you tell me the name and manufacturer???

Ranchgirl said...

I always have to bring a dessert for Thanksgiving and I think I just found mine!! Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

What's Up!! Thanks for your comment. For those who are not a blogger or on G+, After you type your comment..... click on the drop down box that says "Comment As" and select "Name/URL". There you can enter your full name, or just your first name ... Just put something in there. You can leave the URL box blank. Click continue and then click post comment.

.