Thursday, February 21, 2013

Clearly.... I am not Irish

Well that'll be the last time I have a few Irish spirits and then head on up to the craft room to work on an Irish Craft....


Because clearly..... I am not Irish.


I mean come on, what was I thinking??? I guess listening to "Danny Boy" or "When Irish Eyes are Smiling" on my ipod does not count as membership into the Irish Hertiage Club. 
Perhaps if I were thinking, then my homage to the Irish tradition for St. Partick's Day would better resemble that of a feathery shamrock that I was going to hang on the front door, and not look like a confused fluffy, green shaped alien that may even scare the kids.
 But as luck would have it, and with a few of those chocolate coins, a simple snip with the scissors and magically a Shamrock began to appear, just as my non-Irish eyes had envisioned.
So I say to all you Irish men, woman and Leprechans around the globe that may or may not visit this non-Irish household this St.Pattys Day....





Top of the morning to you. And the rest of the day to yourself.
irish translation:Mora na maidine dhuit. Agus cuid eile an lae dhuit fein.
Look who's non-Irish eyes are smiling now!

Grateful for~
Gold coins made of chocolate that make everything better.



Want Top This Top That delivered directly to your inbox?
It’s easy!  Just enter your e-mail address.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner






14 comments:

Our Pinteresting Family said...

Such a fun way to make a shamrock. I love it. From your 100% Irish friend. ;)

Suzy Handgraaf said...

What a great idea, Laura. I bet the pop of green looks great on your front door! What did you use for a base?

Diane Roark said...

Your Shamrock looks great! I have changed my blog design. Visit and let me know what you think. Blessings, Diane www.recipesforourdailybread.com

NanaDiana said...

Well, BeGod and Begorry- Bless your non-Irish little heart. I think it looks pretty Irish-y to me! I AM Irish and I would certainly hang that on MY front door! xo Diana

Designs By Pinky said...

It turnd out great! I love it in all it's FLUFFINESS:):) XO, Pinky

ImSoVintage said...

Looks pretty Irish to me :)

Christina Kelly said...

I'm married in Irish (Kelly).. I'd say that gets the super fabulous thumbs up!

Gretchen said...

Well, I'm fairly Irish, and it looks good to me!

Gypsy Heart said...

I'm part Irish and adore Irish Coffee! ;-) This looks great I think.

Pat

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Laura..that is too darn cute!!!....love it!...My father has an Irish heritage and my granddaughter was born on St. Patrick's Day...
Irish eyes are smiling at your door...!

Melissa Owczarzak said...

Cute~ New follower :)

Shannon Fox said...

I'm Irish and I give say "post maith" Laura.
It's a beauty :)

Chelsea @ Making Home Base said...

It's so cute, Laura! I love the boa and it's a PERFECT shamrock to me (although, I'm not Irish either lol)!!

Anonymous said...

What did you use for the base? Where can I find a tutorial?

Post a Comment

What's Up!! Thanks for your comment. For those who are not a blogger or on G+, After you type your comment..... click on the drop down box that says "Comment As" and select "Name/URL". There you can enter your full name, or just your first name ... Just put something in there. You can leave the URL box blank. Click continue and then click post comment.