Saturday, February 2, 2013

Weekly Wow's

Happy Weekend Friends! You made it through another week.
This week as I am preparing for my son's birthday party I am reflecting quite a bit. 
Before  my children were born I couldn't fully grasp the comments that people made related to children growing up so fast. Comments like "don't blink, they'll grow so fast" and "they will be out of the house before you know it", I thought to myself how fast could they grow- we don't!  But now it is all making way too much sense and the reality of  my first born turning 7 this week  just doesn't seem right. I wonder, did I blink to much ?  And as much as I want him to grow up to be a loving, caring man, I also want him to be the little man that just loves on his mama and is not to embarrassed to say "I love you Mom" when he get's out of the car everyday at school or holds my hand walking through Target.
 I think I will slow down the blinking.... just a bit.
Speaking of love, it's all over the place  and I just adore these cute creations that are screaming I LOVE YOU!

Confessions of a plate addict  shares her Pottery Barn Inspired Love Pillow tutorial. I just LOVE her projects.
LilikoiJoy  doesn't have to twist my arm to try her white truffle cupcakes. You may also want to stop by to look at some of her other mouth watering treats.
For all you coffee and hot tea drinkers, how about this sweet little cup sleeve from Setting for Four.
Valentine Pancakes anyone? How awesome to express your love with breakfast this weekend. The Lily Pad shares how simple it is to create this and other cute sentiments.
I hope you have a great weekend and whether your working on a project you love or spending time with the people you love, I hope it's a good one!
Grateful for~
The same BFF for 32 years. 
This is us in 2007.


Want Top This Top That delivered directly to your inbox?
It’s easy!  Just enter your e-mail address.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

13 comments:

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love the "wows" of the week!!.and how wonderful it is a have a BFF for 32 years!...So I guess that means you have known her since you were "2"...
Have a wonderful weeekend Laura!!!

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Happy birthday to your son! Isn't it wonderful to have a forever friend? She probably knows you better than you know yourself! Wish I knew how to knit so I could make that cute little coffee sleeve!

Danni Baird @ Silo Hill Farm said...

Fun picks as always! Love seeing them! BFF's are the best and a don't worry too much...you kind of get a chance to see those kids all over again in your grandchildren. I swear, I'm looking at my son when I look at his! It's a lot of fun!

Sharon @ Lilikoi Joy said...

Thanks so much for the cupcake feature! Great features but I think my favorite part is the pic of you and your BFF of 32 years. Priceless! Sharon

Cristina Garay said...

Happy birthday to your son! I'm feeling just the same with my now 10 y-o son! Lovely picks!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

What LOVEly features! Think we'll be having some XOXO pancakes soon!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Wow! Thanks for featuring my pillow, Laura! And I love that you have had the same BFF for 32 years. I have had the same BFF for 50 years...yikes!...I must be old! Hugs...Debbie

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

These are amazing, Laura -- I want that coffee cup cozy!!
Thanks again for the wonderful interview!!
xo Heidi

Our Pinteresting Family said...

Happy Birthday to your son. Time certainly does fly...my baby just turned three. I often wonder how that happened already.:) Great finds this week. Megan

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

I have a panic attack every time I think about my Sophomore son. And this year seems to be zipping by ... though, he does kiss me goodbye every morning!

:) Linda

Heather SettingforFour said...

Thanks so much for featuring my cup cozy Laura!! Happy birthday to your son - I totally agree - they grow up tooooo fast!

Kelly Rinzema said...

Thanks for sharing my pancakes :) and now I need some cupcakes too!

Taryn Hallford said...

Hello! Great Post Laura! I wanted to let you know that your blog was truely an inspiration for me to start my own. I really love your page and actually stumbled upon it through pinterest I believe. It looks like your great posts have made an impact in peoples lives! Great job!

Post a Comment

What's Up!! Thanks for your comment. For those who are not a blogger or on G+, After you type your comment..... click on the drop down box that says "Comment As" and select "Name/URL". There you can enter your full name, or just your first name ... Just put something in there. You can leave the URL box blank. Click continue and then click post comment.